Sunday, March 20, 2011

First look at UVM Methodology !!!

I have been a RVM/VMM user for many years following advancements that come in VMM in every release; I try to use the new features whenever i get a chance. Recently i had a chance to take a first look at the UVM methodology. I was fully aware that UVM is based on the OVM methodology, with register package derived from VMM (RAL). Now how easy or difficult is it for a person with VMM background to pick up UVM with the fact that he does not have an OVM knowledge. From my experience I felt that this can be done very quickly in a matter of few days. As i started reading the UVM methodology and exploring the features of the methodology, I did see a lot of similarities between UVM and VMM. People who had a chance to use VMM 1.2 can make this switch even faster. I went through all the basic features UVM had to offer, looks very interesting. Then i decided i should explore UVM features in detail.

No comments: